Worton Parish Council with Worton and Marston Link
Do you need to self-isolate and need help or are you worried that you might need to do so in the coming weeks?
The parish council, supported by the Link service, is helping to coordinate members of this parish who are prepared to support those who have been told to isolate themselves by staying indoors, have difficulties due to social distancing or are experiencing other related issues.
You are not alone if you need to self-isolate! This is not an alternative to the NHS, emergency services or social services; it is simply neighbours and local residents looking after each other. If you think you may need to self-isolate now or over the coming weeks, it would be useful to know who you are and where you are so that help can be provided, if required, with essential shopping, medicine collections or just the need for a chat. Please contact us, either by email or on one of the numbers below.
If you would like to be put on the list of those who might need support, please email Barry Devine at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call W&M link on: 07413912828
Or call Good Neighbours on: 07707034664
Can you help?
If you would be prepared to help your neighbours and other local residents with prescription collections, essential shopping or similar tasks please contact us so that we can increase the number of volunteers in the parish.
You will need to provide your name, address, telephone number and what you can do to help, and we will do our best to coordinate volunteers and those in need.
Please email Barry Devine at email@example.com or call on 07809221341
Public Health England has advised people who are self-isolating to do what they can to avoid visitors to their home. Any deliveries of groceries, medications or other shopping should be left at the door so please ensure that this advice is followed.
Volunteers acting on behalf of the parish council will be covered by the parish council public liability insurance.
Thank you for all your support and please stay safe.
Chair Worton Parish Council
Additional Useful Information
Information and guidance is changing on a daily basis so it is important to pay attention to news outlets, government messages and healthcare updates.
The following is a selection of useful sources of information.
- Stay at home advice at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice
- Overview – what is it? www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- Number of COVID-19 cases in the UK, wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
- Common questions and answers www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- NHS 111 – information can be found at wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
- This sort of incident could cause undue pressure and anxiety. The NHS Every Mind Matters website has some really simple useful tips and advice to support mental health www.nhs.uk/oneyou
Useful telephone numbers:
- NHS 111 – only call 111 if you cannot get help online
- Education queries –phone the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
- Wiltshire Council – 0300 456 0100
Social media is a valuable tool at a time like this but it can also contain misinformation and rumour. The following Twitter (www.twitter.com) accounts will be regularly posting out the latest factual advice and information related to the disease.
- Public Health England – @PHE_UK
- Department of Health and Social Care – @DHSCgovuk
- Wiltshire Council – @WiltsCouncil
- NHS England – @NHSEngland The NHS advises to only trust NHS organisations on Twitter that are ‘blue-tick verified’
- Wiltshire Police – @wiltshirepolice
- Dorset and Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service – @DWFireRescue
Good and timely source of information especially for those without internet