*UPDATE* At their meeting on Monday 5 July, the Parish Council unanimously voted to co-opt Suzanne Bonfield. There are two vacancies remaining.
Worton Parish Council has two vacancies for parish councillors.
Any person willing to fill these vacancies should apply to the Clerk in writing on or before Monday 21 June 2019
No special qualification is required to be a councillor, indeed it is important that all sorts of people serve as councillors to give good representation of the community. Training for new councillors is also available to help assist with understanding the responsibilities of the role.
If you would like to put yourself forward as a Worton Parish Councillor please get in touch with the clerk (email@example.com).
What do Parish Councillors do?
Worton Parish Council is made up of 9 voluntary councillors who meet once a month to discuss and act on issues of importance to the local community.
Please see the following resources for more information:
All About Town and Parish Councils prepared by The National Association of Local Authorities (NALC)
It Takes All Sorts prepared by NALC in 2011 as part of a drive to encourage individuals from under represented groups to become local councillors.
Note: Eligibility for co-option, is as follows:
(a) at least 18 years of age, and
- Be a local government elector for the parish, or
- Be an occupier (owner or tenant) of land or premises in the parish for the previous 12 months, or
- Have their place of work in the parish for the previous 12 months, or
- Have resided in the parish for the previous 12 months, or
- Have resided within three miles of the parish boundary for the previous 12 months.
You must not be disqualified from standing as a Councillor.
Clerk to the Parish Council
1 Charter Close, Devizes SN10 2SJ